Here are a few “fun questions” about the top female and male contenders for IM Brasil. Can you guess which athletes I’m referring to? (If you need some help, the full Pro startlist can be found here. The solutions are posted at the bottom.)
- He/she finished second at IM South Africa with a wire in the arm as a pin for a broken elbow.
- He/she dropped the Kona GPS tracker in a porta-loo.
- He/she strained a muscle on the bike portion of IM Austria, but still ran a marathon PR.
- He/she had a Kona meltdown of PNF proportions .. running in 8th place at 37k, eventually finishing 21st.
- He/she started Kona with what turned out to be a broken fibula – a DNF probably prevented more severe damage.
- He/she tore a ligament in the hand, requiring a three week break from swimming and missing some early 2017 races.
- After Kona last year, he/she added a new member to the family .. a cute puppy.
If you need some hints, check out my previews for the male and female races, the athletes that “match” the facts above are (in alphabetical order):
- Susie Cheetham
- Haley Chura
- Linsey Corbin
- Tim Don
- Mareen Hufe
- Brent McMahon
- Andreas Raelert
Here are the matches: 1A 2D 3G 4E 5B 6F 7C