Now that the July races are over and the first round of Kona qualifiers has been decided, it is time to update the Kona odds.
Some of the top contenders validated their Kona slots in the July races.
The main changes are a consequence of the following results:
- Marino Vanhoenacker won IM Frankfurt, putting him into a solid statistical 2nd biggest favorite for Kona.
- Andreas Raelert had a sub-standard (for him) results in Frankfurt, so his statistical chances decreased a bit.
- Cam Brown’s chances decreased a bit – even though he posted a solid result in Roth, it was not on the “winning Kona” level.
There were a few changes on the women’s side as well:
Here are the main events resulting in changes:
- Caroline Steffen won IM Frankfurt in convincing fashion, further closing the gap to Rinnie.
- Rachel Joyce also had a great result winning in Roth. Maybe she can continue the British dominance in Kona?
- I finally had to remove Cat Morrison from my Kona odds – she is recovering from an injury and is not going to be able to qualify for Kona 2012. Hopefully she’s going to come back stronger than ever and will be able to play a role in the next years.