With the Top 16 of the women in, here are a few observations about the women’s bike leg:
- The bike for the women has been very fast, most of the women raced considerable faster than their expected time.
- Best relative performances have been by Mareen Hufe (6:45 faster) and Michelle Vesterby (7:18 faster).
- Only Carolin Steffen has been considerably slower than what I would have expected based on her previous times (11 minutes slower). Susie Cheetham was slower by four minutes, but is still in a good position for a Top 10 finish.
Top 10 Projection
Here are the current projections for Top 10 on the female side (with Angela Naeth a DNF):
- Daniela Ryf SUI 09:02:12
- Rachel Joyce GBR 09:10:21
- Jodie Swallow GBR 09:13:37
- Liz Blatchford AUS 09:19:07
- Mary Beth Ellis USA 09:20:08
- Camilla Pedersen DEN 09:20:51
- Michelle Vesterby DEN 09:20:53
- Lucy Gossage GBR 09:23:35
- Caroline Steffen SUI 09:24:06
- Susie Cheetham GBR 09:27:34
|6||Mary Beth Ellis||USA||04:59:29||-04:43|